The Israel NK Orchestra opens auditions for the following positions: Solo Oboe - Tutti violin - Cello Tutti
The Auditions will be held on Wednesday, 11.09.2019, starting from 14:30 (exact timetable will be determined after registration with each candidate) at the Dora Matnas hall in 35 Nachum street, Netanya.
Candidates are requested to apply by e-mail to: Lishka@nko.co.il together with a detailed C.V. in English.
Auditions can also be sent recorded as an unedited and unlisted YouTube clip, link sent to email@example.com together with CV, at the latest 11.09.2019.
A pianist accompany is compulsory and under the candidate's responsibility.
- (Mozart oboe concerto C major, k.314 1st mvt including cadenza (with piano accompanimen
- Bizet - Symphony in C 2nd mvt bars 7-28, 3rd mvt trio
- Brahms - Violin concerto 2nd mvt bars 1-33
- Bach Cantata 82 Ich habe genug 1 bars 83-100
- Ravel Tombeau de Couperin 1st mvt bars 1-14
- Rossini La scala di seta bars 5-25
Excerpt book: https://nko.smarticket.co.il/uploads/upld5d4bdac53a78b871880311.pdf
- Mozart – violin concerto 3rd or 4th or 5th, 1stmvnt and cadenza (with piano accompaniment)
- Bach – one movement from sonatas and suites for solo violin
Orchestra's excerpts (1st violin parts):
- Mendelssohn – scherzo from "midnight's summer." Bars 17 – D
- Schumann – 2nd symph. 2ndmvnt – first part (A section)
- Prokofiev – Classic Symph. 1stmvnt F-H, 4thmvnt K-M
Excerpt book: https://nko.smarticket.co.il/uploads/upld5d063a9e2a460370015735.pdf
- Haydn concerto in D or in C - or another after confirmation
- Bach – prelude from solo suite
- Tchaikovsky – Symph. 6th, 2ndmvnt, bars 1-16
- Beethoven – Sympoh. 5th , 2nd & 3rd mvnt, the marked pieces.
Excerpt book: https://nko.smarticket.co.il/uploads/upld5d5a46535d25d190060094.pdf https://nko.smarticket.co.il/uploads/upld5d5a4664bc39e915543948.pdf
Instructions for recording the audition:
1. The whole audition (concerto and orchestral excerpts) must be recorded in one take (sequence) without editing.
2. Concerto part must be accompanied by a well-tuned piano.
3. The volume of the recording should not be set on automatic mode in order to hear dynamics.
4. No smartphone recording.
5. A large room or hall without excessive reverb is preferred.